Participants: Carolyn Chau and Eugene Ng
Who Will Children's Village:
- # of children: 15 girls, 22 boys
- Exciting news: 3 of the girls will be graduating form high school this year and all of them are looking to enter university!
- Sophea: in grade 10 - is interested in car mechanics and would like to go into a vocational school , if possible. Gerald (founder and head of Who Will) is looking for a school now for him.
- There will be more kids graduating from high school next year - critical funding needed to help to pay for vocational and university education for these kids.
One to One Cambodia - Happy Clinic
- Since it was burnt down earlier this year, Happy Clinic finally settled into a new building recently. It is located next to Grace House (a self-sustaining guesthouse run by the student leaders, another achievements by One-to-One Cambodia).
- The new Happy Clinic has more chairs and there dental nurses now.
Empowering Youth of Cambodia (EYC)
- EYC has a new location with more classrooms for recreational activities for the neighborhood and a small cafe run by the student leaders.
- A small shop were rented to one of the ex-student leaders to run his own bike-rental business.
- Drew is busy looking for funding for one of the children to study in University.
Wat Opot Childern's Community
- # of children varies (as some come in an out from the surrounding neighborhood)- currently 45 - 55
- Recently, they only accepted new comers who are HIVs positive.
- The girl dormitory had been renovated and equipped with a small kitchen.
- We brought some food and personal hygienic stuffs for the kids.